Monday, January 7, 2008

running in the rain

Every Sunday I run with my Happy Chaos group Sara, Rachel and me, very early in the morning around 7:30 in Pasadena, California. Even though, last Sunday at that time was raining so hard, I was with a lot of energy to run; my friend Sara she was on vacation, Rachel just came fron her vacation, she called me and she said: "I can't run, my oldest son is sick", at that moment I realized that me was gonna run with me, wich is OK , but nothing better that running with your buddies. Finally I pushed myself and went to run in the Rose Bowl betewen South Pasadena and Pasadena. I did a long run, while I was running I had to my side the Arroyo/stream, which in general is dry and do you know how they call it? Arroyo Seco, but this time it looked like a river, the water was flowing so hard, the sound of the water moving gave me so much energy to run , I felt so happy to be there smelling a rainy day and feelling grateful for being able to do it.
Lorena.

1 comment:

SeeMommyRunandBoxandCraft said...

Way to go for getting out there solo! Now THAT makes you a true runner!!!!